Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again" - Sylvia Plath

Awaken oh sleeper and remove your mask of shame. No more hiding beneath the earth shackled like a slave, remember it was you, who dug your own grave. Hypnotized, you fell under the serpents spell and became intoxicated by the poison you were fed. Ravenously, and savagely you ingested every lie, and followed the slithery snake into the desert. You became thirsty, and hungry for more, but nothing could quench your thirst or fill your belly, only your mind grew and you felt your head exploding. From the depths you rise now, your eyes craving to see the light of day, traveling under the sun, above your former bed will see your dark shadow, the two of you will wave, your hands looking the same, but you will no longer follow that somber silhouette, for it only contains only the bitter breath of an untimely death.








1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the rhythm of your writing. I find it enchanting and otherworldly. :)

    ReplyDelete